Attention of Parents/guardians of the children studying in Indian Schools in Oman is invited to the following for their information and adherence, as per the Bye law of the Indian Schools in Oman, approved by the Ministry of Education (MOE), Sultanate of Oman.
- Related to Board of Directors of Indian Schools (BoD):
- a) The schools are established by the BoD primarily to impart good education and value system to students of Indian Community in the Sultanate of Oman.
- b) The BoD is the apex committee which is the custodian of all Indian schools and promoters are the custodians of their respective schools.
- c) BoD shall be the authority responsible for representing the Schools before the Ministry of Education and other Ministries in Oman. Parents/guardians are not to overstep/circumvent this authority.
- d) It is one of the important functions of the BoD to monitor the overall operation of the schools in order to ensure the financial viability of each school. The BoD may take timely action, if in its opinion the viability of the school is at risk.
- e) The BoD at its discretion may take steps from time to time to enhance the infrastructure and the processes and in case if required, effect a revision in the fee structure with proper notice and as per the bye law.
- f) That the schools are established and functioning for the Indian community facilitated by the Board of Directors.
- g) The bye-laws very clearly stipulate the election of parent representatives in the BoD, and also stipulate nomination of parent representation in the SMCs. Hence, other than those elected/ nominated members as per the by-law, no one else is authorized to act as representative of the parents and whoever doing so is acting against the bye law. Also forming any no-registered parent associations is illegal as the law of the land.
- Related to School Management Committee (SMC):
- a) Individual Indian Schools are managed by School Management Committees, which are appointed to function as per the bye laws. Parents/Guardians shall not interfere in the day to day functioning of the SMC. In case of any grievance by an individual parent against SMC, they may follow the grievance address system in place.
- Compliance with laws and regulations:
- a) Parents/Guardians are to note that no action of theirs or their family members should explicitly or implicitly contravene the laws of the Sultanate of Oman or malign the image or hurt the sentiments of the people of the Sultanate of Oman.